Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3
It is a pleasure to inform you that Université Jean-Moulin now has two approved ETS Certified Test Administration Sites , with forty-eight spaces at each administration in Lyon, at the Manufacture des Tabacs campus (see below for directions) and sixteen spaces at the CEUBA in Bourg-en-Bresse (see below). For more information regarding ETS or the TOEFL® iBT test, please consult the official TOEFL website here.
Students who are considering applying, on exchange programs or otherwise, for admission in September 2014 to a university in the US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand, should take TOEFL iBT or a test recognized by their home and destination institutions as equivalent, as soon as possible, in order to be sure to have a score to submit with their application. Deadlines for applications for exchanges in 2013-14 have now been passed. Students from Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3 who envisage participating in exchange programs in 2014-15 with the countries mentioned above should take TOEFL no later than the end of November 2013. It should be noted that there are more than 400 TOEFL iBT seats available between Febrary and June 2013 at Université Jean-Moulin - Manufacture des Tabacs and the CEUBA.
This page provides information for candidates registered to take TOEFL iBT at Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3, as well as a few links to ETS pages and sites that prospective test-takers may find useful.
Please Note: This page is part of Charles C. Hadley's web-site [click here for Charles C. Hadley's home-page], and is intended to provide useful information, but this site is NOT an official part of ETS or TOEFL iBT. Only ETS can provide official information about TOEFL iBT or other tests administered by ETS. Click here to consult the TOEFL iBT page at the ETS web-site.
ETS has grouped useful information at the "TOEFL Go-Anywhere" page.
Test-takers already registered for administrations at Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3 can find some practical information below.
Dates on which there will be TOEFL administrations at the Manufacture des Tabacs or Bourg-en-Bresse campuses can be found on the official TOEFL website. Students who wish to take the test should check back from time to time, as ETS opens new dates for registration progressively, depending on demand.
[NB Some of the above dates may no longer appear on the ETS registration system for Lyon or Bourg-en-Bresse, either because registration closes on the ETS website about a week or ten days before any given administration, or because capacity has been reached. Some of the above dates and possibly others may be be open for registration at other test centers in France or in nearby European cities.]
[NB It is possible that other dates may be opened for registration at the Lyon site; candidates may wish to check back in early September to see any changes.]
Prospective test-takers with disabilities or handicaps who wish to take TOEFL in special conditions adapted to their disability must register using a special procedure. For more information, see the ETS web-page for candidates with disabilities here. Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3 is not currently equipped to provide special accommodations for handicaps.
Registered test-takers who encounter medical emergencies before their test date (broken bones, major surgery, serious illnesses and similar situations) can contact ETS at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 609 771 7100 to request rescheduling of their test date. Rescheduling requests must ordinarily be addressed to ETS at least four days before the test date, but students who are absent due to medical emergencies may apply for special attention on a case-by-case basis.
Reminder: Registration for TOEFL can be carried out only on the ETS TOEFL web-site. If you are interested in taking TOEFL iBT, in Lyon or elsewhere, visit the TOEFL iBT web-site as soon as possible, since there are very large numbers of prospective candidates, and a limited number of places available.
==> For candidates who have registered for TOEFL iBT administrations at Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3 campuses [back to intro]<==
- The TOEFL test site at the Manufacture des Tabacs campus of Université Jean-Moulin is located at 1 av des Frères Lumière, 69008 Lyon, France. To reach the testing site,
- from most points in Lyon, take métro D to the "Sans Souci" station, walk west [toward Place Bellecour] approximately 250 or 300 meters along cours Albert Thomas, turn south (left) on rue Rollet (mainly pedestrian street; in front of the MacDonald's), continue about 150 meters to av des Frères Lumière (first intersection), turn right about 100 meters to number 1 av des Frères Lumière, on the north side of the street.
- from the SNCF-TGV station at the Part Dieu, take Tram-line 4 toward Hopital Feyzin Venissieux to the stop called "Lycée Colbert" (the stop after "Manufacture-Montluc"); from there, walk back toward the north parallel to the tram line, to number 1 av des Frères Lumière, on the north side of the street.
- From the SNCF-TGV station at Perrache, take Tram-line 2 toward St Priest Bel Air to the stop called Jet-d'Eau-Mendès-France, and change to Tram-line 4 toward La Doua - Gaston Berger, get off at the stop called Lycée Colbert (the stop before "Manufacture-Montluc"); from there, continue on foot toward the north parallel to the rail lines, to number 1 av des Frères Lumière, on the north side of the street.
- Testing takes place in rooms 267 (STN10120A) and 269 (STN10120B), which are side-by-side, and 272 (STN10120C), opposite the other two, on the second floor, in wing "G" of the Manufacture des Tabacs building. Sign-posting will show the way from the building entrance to rooms 267, 269 and 272. (See a sketch-map of the site here.) Test-takers can ask for directions (in French) at the Security Station at 1, av des Frères Lumière.
- The CEUBA (Centre d'Etudes Universitaires de Bourg et l'Ain) campus is located at 2 rue du 23ème RI , 01000 Bourg-en-Bresse.
- The CEUBA is a fifteen or twenty minute walk from the SNCF rail station, and the number 2 bus has a stop there (a .pdf map of the bus lines can be found here).
- Testing at the CEUBA takes place in room 305, on the third floor of the building. Sign-posting will show the way from the building entrance to room 305. Candidates may be able to get directions to the room from the Information stand at the entrance to the building.
- Test administrators and proctors are fluent in both English and French, and some may be able to assist test-takers in other languages.
- Candidates do not choose their own seats, but are assigned to work stations by the system software; they are shown to their seats by proctor staff members, after they have been checked in by the center adminstrator. Candidates may begin testing immediately: the software delivers test material individually, so candidates do not need to wait for others to be seated before beginning.
- The test lasts approximately four hours and finishes at about 2:00PM for most test-takers, though there may be exceptions (for example, at a recent test administration, a technical problem delayed the test start till after 11:00AM - most test takers finished only well after 3:00PM that day); it is recommended that candidates take possible delays into account when making plans for the end of the day, e.g., for train or other reservations.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking are prohibited during the test, but there is a ten-minute rest-break after the first two sections, i.e., after approximately two hours of testing. Test-takers may eat and drink outside the test room during the break; vending machines are available not far from the test rooms. Cell-phones, however, may not be used at this time (see below). Restrooms can be found near the stairways at each end of the hall.
- TOEFL iBT staff will provide pencils and paper to take notes during the test. Test-takers may not use their own pencils or paper, nor, of course, any other test-taking aids. In particular, all electronic devices, including calculators, beepers, and the like, must be turned off to avoid disturbances during the test, and stored with test-takers' personal effects for the entire duration of the test, including during all breaks. Cell-phones must be turned off and handed over to the proctoring staff, who store them for the entire duration of the test, including during the break: Use of cell-phones is strictly PROHIBITED at all times during testing, including during the break. Candidates who insist upon recovering their cell-phones at break-time will not be re-admitted for the second part of the test.
- Computers used for TOEFL iBT use the QWERTY keyboard layout typical of US typewriters and computers. The Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3 site is equipped with QWERTY keyboards; to avoid losing time while typing, test-takers may wish to practice using a QWERTY keyboard layout prior to the test date.
ETS provides information on what test takers can expect on test day in the form of a video (requires Flash). (Please note that the test center at Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3 is smaller and less well-equipped than the center shown in the video - in particular, there are no lockers to store personal effects in: please bring only necessary items with you to the test center.)
I hope this information is useful - and wish all the best to test-takers on the big day!
Université Jean-Moulin - Lyon 3
Faculté des Langues
Charles C. Hadley 2011-12
This page was last updated on Monday, 20 January 2014 at